Your criteria did not match any products.
Brighten Up Your Next Celebration With Holi Powder
Looking to add a touch of colour and fun to your next big celebration? You should consider using Holi powder to bring life to the party. Although primarily used at colour runs, you can use these bright powders in various other ways that you may not have thought of initially.
A Brief History of Holi Powder in Australia
You may already be familiar with these powders from any colour run you may have taken part in before. The origin of the powder is as interesting as they are versatile. Here’s a brief history of the Holi powder:
- The concept of Holi powder in Australia originates from the ancient Hindu festival called Holi. The festival celebrates both the season spring, and the harvest, with the festival’s origins relating to a beautiful, bright union of love. The concept of the colour war between attendees at the festival is related to Lord Krishna. As the story goes, he was embarrassed by his blue skin, especially when compared to his fair-skinned love named Radha. His mother suggested he ask Radha if he may add bright colours to her skin to feel more confident in his own skin. Radha agreed, and today, the Holi festival celebrates their love too.
- Originally, the bright hues of the powders came from plants. The yellow and red hues originally came from turmeric, green from ground neem leaves and indigo was used for blue. Today, synthetic colouring has made these colours more diverse and vibrant.
- In recent years, the traditional Hindu festival is celebrated in Westernised countries too. Plenty of countries around the world today celebrate this colour festival and have also started colour fun runs. Some of these countries include South Africa, Australia, Mauritius, Canada, Malaysia, the United Kingdom and the US, to name a few.
The Benefits of Colour Run Powder in Australia
These vibrant colours make for a great splash of colour at your next big event. You will soon find more creative ways in which to use this powder. Here are some benefits to getting your hands on some Holi powder in Australia:
- Looking to bring a breath of fresh air to a photoshoot? Include colour run powder in Australia for your next family or engagement shoot to add a touch of colour and make for a unique shooting session.
- Colour powders are a great way to announce a gender reveal. The ways in which you can execute this are endless.
- You can also add these colours to a slippery slide for some fun in the sun with a touch of colour. The kids will thank you for it later.
About FX Factory
FX Factory provides high-quality, innovative event consumables, special effects and other related items and services. This includes the selling of bright colour run powder in Australia.
Find out more about the fantastic products we sell and hire out for all types of occasions here.