Host an Environmentally Friendly Party with Biodegradable Confetti
If confetti is good, then biodegradable confetti is even better. There’s just something fabulous about showering your party guests with these tiny little pieces of coloured tissue paper and knowing that you’re helping to protect the earth at the same time. It’s no wonder that so many people choose bulk confetti, tissue streamers, and other festive touches for weddings, gender reveal parties, graduations, birthdays, and many other celebration-worthy occasions. If you want to create some fantastic memories, achieve some incredible photos, and still keep your party eco-friendly, then you can bulk buy your confetti at FX Factory.
The Importance of Biodegradable Confetti in Australia
When you purchase confetti in Australia for a party, you’ll notice that you have more than a few options, including which colours to choose, what materials you want your confetti made of, and how much confetti you need for the number of guests you’re expecting. However, one of the most important decisions you can make is the decision to use environmentally friendly confetti. Here are a few reasons why it’s so important to help protect the earth with biodegradable party supplies.
- It reduces your environmental impact. For many people today, minimising their environmental impact is a top priority. You may already take steps to lighten your ecological footprint in many areas of your life, such as recycling at home, cutting down on your energy usage, or perhaps relying less on your vehicle and more on your bicycle or public transport. In everything you do, you can make earth-friendly choices, and party planning is no exception. Choosing flower confetti in Australia made of eco-friendly materials is just one more way you can keep the planet healthy.
- Many places have banned non-biodegradable confetti. If you are hosting your get-together in a rented venue, you may discover that they have rules regarding what type of confetti you can use there. Traditional confetti can linger for prolonged periods, making a venue, such as a stunning countryside marquee or a picturesque church, look messy and unkempt. If your party will take place in a location other than your private home, and there are rules in place about non-biodegradable confetti, no worries – you can use an eco-friendly alternative and still host a delightfully festive event.
- It’s just as festive as any other confetti. Just because you choose biodegradable confetti doesn’t mean that you’ll miss out on any of the “wow” factor. Eco-friendly confetti can even enhance the pizazz. Eco-friendly confetti options include paper petal confetti in Australia that comes in a wide array of colours and shapes. These earth-safe alternatives behave just like traditional confetti, filling your party space with a burst of colour and then fluttering slowly to the ground.
Benefits of Choosing Confetti for Weddings
Planning your wedding is all about the details – right down to the confetti. Whether thrown as you and your sweetheart make your exit or at some other point during the festivities, confetti adds a burst of fun to any wedding day. Here are a few good reasons to make confetti your party enhancer of choice.
- It’s affordable. Besides rice, which is no longer encouraged (or allowed, in some places), you do have several options when it comes to what you want your guests to throw as you depart your wedding or reception. Among bubbles, pom poms, glitter, flower petals, birdseed, and the like, wedding confetti in Australia is a pretty cost-effective choice. You can even stock up on a confetti cannon to add even more bang.
- It comes in endless varieties. Confetti comes in a wide variety of shapes, colours, and materials. It’s also widely available and easy to find. You can even mix and match multiple styles and colours to create the perfect blend. Whether you want all-white confetti fluttering gracefully to the ground or a mix of bright colours, you can have it. Confetti also gives your photographer plenty of opportunities to capture some lovely shots for you to cherish forever.
- It’s easy to use. Even when you're not sure how to deploy your wedding confetti, there are several options, and all of them are super easy for your guests. You can choose the method you want them to use, such as popping confetti cannons or simply throwing the confetti into the air by the handful. No matter which method you choose, your guests will have a blast participating in the celebration this way.
- It’s environmentally friendly. All our confetti is biodegradable and safe for outdoor use. If you can’t get it all cleaned up, that’s okay – it will break down naturally without harming the earth. If it rains, the confetti will break down even more quickly. Also, because no flames are involved with the operation of a confetti cannon, they can be used anywhere, even in areas of elevated fire danger.
Be sure to buy more confetti than you think you’ll need. While all your guests may not participate in creating these wedding effects, you don’t want to run out too soon. Also, think about the type of photographs you want. For fuller confetti shots, plan two large handfuls per guest – for more delicate images, one handful for every two people is about right.
Creative Ways to Use Eco-Friendly Confetti for a Gender Reveal Party
Gender reveal parties are all the rage now, with expectant couples everywhere planning unique ways to announce the sex of their unborn babies (often learning this news themselves for the first time along with their guests). There are so many ways to plan your reveal – the sky’s the limit when it comes to this fun tradition. Here are a few ideas to inspire you.
- Plan an outdoor reveal. If at all possible, plan to have your reveal outside. First, there’s more room for confetti (and more room for it to go really high if you’re using cannons). Biodegradable confetti is eco-safe, so there are no concerns associated with using it outdoors. Besides, the natural light will help you achieve gorgeous photos of your gender reveal event.
- Consider the sky. If you use paper confetti in bulk as your gender reveal medium, and it turns out to be blue, keep in mind that it may not show up well against the sky. You can still have your reveal outdoors on a sunny day – just see if there are trees, buildings, or other structures around to highlight all that beautiful blue confetti instead of risking it getting washed out by the sky in your pictures.
- Plan a cannon for every adult. Confetti cannons are filled to the brim with lots of little pieces of pure joy, and even one popper releases a generous amount of confetti. Still, the more adults you have available to release your confetti cannons, the bigger the cloud of confetti will be, and the better your pictures will look. Teenagers can use confetti cannons, too, so don’t be afraid to load your guests up with cannons and create some spectacular images.
- Consider a non-explosive option. If you prefer to avoid the “blast” of confetti cannons, you can still use bulk confetti to reveal the gender of your baby. You might buy loose confetti and place it inside balloons for your guests to pop, pass out concealed bags of confetti for guests to open up and throw at the right moment, or any of countless other creative ways to share your big news.
What You Should Know When You Buy Confetti for Your Event
One of the best things about confetti is how many ways there are to use it. Bring any event roaring to life on the dance floor, in the photo booth, as the guest of honour makes their entrance or exit, to name just a few of many possibilities. Whether you’re celebrating a new baby or promoting a new product, here are a few things to keep in mind when you use confetti in Australia.
- Make sure that your venue allows confetti. Many locations no longer allow paper confetti in Australia, although most will make an exception if the confetti is biodegradable. There are a couple of reasons for this: traditional confetti is difficult to clean up and potentially harmful to wildlife and the environment. Biodegradable confetti sidesteps these issues, so make sure that the confetti you choose is eco-friendly.
- Make sure that your guests know how to throw confetti. While this may sound silly, you only have one chance to capture that magical moment. Your confetti shots are some of the most candid and natural of the event, as you aren’t posing for the photographer but rather truly enjoying the moment. It’s a good idea to either leave a sign next to the confetti or designate someone to instruct guests to throw it up high when the time comes so that it has plenty of time to flutter down slowly and gracefully.
- Use your confetti in surprising ways. Throwing confetti in the air isn’t the only way to use it – it’s also wonderful for decorating your venue. Scatter it on the tables, use it to create a walkway, and look for other ways to use confetti to maximise your existing décor. Adding confetti is an easy and cost-effective way to make the most of your decorations and add a colourful punch to your space.
- Display your confetti in a fun way. You want to make sure that everyone has confetti in their hands when it’s time to throw it. That means you need to establish an organised way to distribute it to your guests, such as setting it on a table that guests pass by as they enter. This is a great opportunity to get creative. Consider placing your petal confetti into paper cones, pile flower confetti into a vintage suitcase, or make small individual confetti buckets for your guests to grab.
Related Services We Provide to Confetti in Melbourne
At FX Factory, we stock a wide selection of party supplies and equipment designed to take your event to the next level. Balloons and streamers are fun, but why not step it up a notch with a confetti blaster or fog machine? Here just a few of the items we carry to help you plan an event to remember.
- Confetti cannons. Confetti cannons use compressed air to launch a shower of confetti into the air. Knock the socks off your guests with a blast of colour, whether pink or blue, for a gender reveal party, your wedding colours to celebrate your nuptials, or a mix of bright hues to make any event more festive. Make sure to have your camera ready – confetti cannons are surprisingly powerful and make for some fabulous photos. Keep in mind that the higher you hold the cannon up in the air, the longer it will take the confetti to float down to the ground. Don’t worry – our confetti cannons contain unique eco confetti that won’t harm the environment.
- Holi powder. Holi powder is traditionally used during the Hindu festival of colour, a celebration in which participants throw the brightly coloured powder around, creating a vibrant display. However, you don’t have to wait for the festival to have fun with Holi powder. You can use it for your very next event, indoors or out. Our powder is made of biodegradable, gluten-free corn starch and food-safe dyes. It is washable, water-soluble, and flameproof. Use it for your handheld or electric cannons or simply provide them to guests to throw into the air. We offer a wide variety of colours, including orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink. Holi powder is ideal for concerts, colour runs, gender reveal parties, corporate events, and more.
- Special effects equipment. We have everything you need to make your event spectacular and create any effects you may desire. Do you host regular corporate events or other types of parties? Invest in a hurricane gun that you can fill with your choice of confetti or Holi powder. You can also find everything you need to refill your bubble, fog, foam, or snow machine and keep the party going as long as you like. Don’t forget to attract attention to your event with a Sky Dancer – choose from a wide range of colours. We also have power pushers, splitters, timers, hoses, air compressors, carry bags, and anything else you might need to operate your equipment. Don’t forget diffraction glasses in Australia for your guests to wear!
About FX Factory
FX Factory is a special events and niche party supplies store where you can find a wide range of products, such as confetti and streamers, Holi powder, refills for fog or snow machines, special effects makeup, and much more. We can ship our products throughout Australia, so no matter where you live, you can find exactly what you want to create the perfect party. We focus on delivering high-quality and innovative special effects, consumables, and related items to all levels of consumer and industry.
We aim for quick response times in all methods of communication to provide the most convenient and helpful service for our customers. If you are planning a gender reveal party or another event and want to buy confetti to make it really special, contact us.